I’ve been evangelizing the Apple Airpods since I got mine 2 weeks ago. A friend asked me what was special about them and here’s what I told him:
- They’re comfortable and don’t fall out (because there’s no cord pulling on them)
- Two ear sound (without a wire connecting them)
- The pairing process is magically simple (pairs seamlessly across iPhone iPad and MacBook)*
- The AirPods case is a great place to store the buds and make it easy to carry them in your pocket and bag. Plus they recharge them so they last a long time.
- They pair with my iPhone, iPad and Macbook Air, so I’ve been able to eliminate two cables from my bag (lightning wired earbuds + 1/8″ jack wired earbuds)
* The process of switching the pairing from my Macbook Air to by desktop (a Mac Mini) to my iPhone and back could be easier than it is, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Apple innovate here in subsequent updates to iOS and OS X.